60th Annual Francis J. Robinson Memorial International Tournament
August 1-6, 2017
The Francis J. Robinson Memorial International Tournament is named after a local tennis player, Lt. Francis J. Robinson, a young serviceman who died in a military flight training mission in July 1958. A group of Lt. Robinson’s friends started a small tennis tournament in his honor that same summer. The “Robinson” has grown into a local event that has drawn between 200-400 participants annually, ranging in divisions from 10 & under to 60 & over and is considered one of the longest running community tennis tournaments in the United States.
Events & Activities begin Monday, July 31st. Read below for more information, how to register online, and details about our exciting week at the Robinson!
- Online Registration—For the second year, the Robinson entry process is automated! Follow the online registration link, create OR login to your account, register for your division(s), and pay online. Enjoy online access to report times, draws, and match results draws for each division!
- Updated Age Divisions – Junior and Adult age brackets, levels of play, Mixer Division!
- New 10 & Under Singles Orange Ball (Round Robin)
- Age Brackets – 10U Orange, 10U Green, 14U, 18U, Open, 30+, 45+, 60+
- Junior Tournament Level – For intermediate to advanced players with tournament experience
- Junior Club Level – For beginner to intermediate players who have little or no tournament experience
- Adult Mixer Division – Too competitive? Not competitive enough? Time constraints? Participate no matter your style – all are welcome in the Adult Mixer Divisions!
- Casual format – Singles Mixer, Doubles Mixer, Mixed Doubles Mixer. Play one, two or all three Mixer Divisions!
- Play one 8-game pro set against players with similar skill level
- One evening per Mixer event (WED-Adult Singles Mixer, THUR-Adult Doubles Mixer, FRI-Adult Mixed Doubles Mixer)
- Start times will be posted Monday, July 31st
- Mixer Division players may register for Doubles and/or Mixed Doubles with OR without a partner. If you’d like play Doubles and/or Mixed Doubles but don’t have a partner, Tournament Director, Steve Pillon will pair you up with another player!
- 10 & Under Kid’s Play Day – All 10 & Under kids, with or without tennis experience, are invited! Contests, games, crafts, prizes, snacks, and refreshments! For details & entry form click 10 and Under Kid’s Play Day Entry Form.
- Open Eligibility – No residential restrictions for participation this year!
- Match Play Schedule
- Tuesday 8/1 – Open Singles and Womens Open Singles
- Wednesday 8/2 – Boys Singles, Girls Doubles, Adult Singles, Adult Singles Mixer
- Thursday 8/3 – Girls Singles, Boys Doubles, Adult Doubles, Adult Doubles Mixer
- Friday 8/4 – All Mixed Doubles, 10 & Under Kid’s Play Day, Adult Mixed Doubles Mixer
- Saturday 8/5 – Semi Finals
- Sunday 8/6 – Finals
- Junior Rookies – Never played in the Robinson? First 50 junior rookie players enter the Robinson for FREE!
- Please obtain separate entry form at front desk or print one here 2017 Robinson Junior Rookie Entry-First 50 FREE.
- Special Guest 7/31 – Luke Jensen, former ATP player & French Open Doubles Champion hosts clinics and exhibition to launch our week!
- Balls – Balls will be provided for all matches.
- Daily Prizes – Player of the Day, Best Dressed Doubles teams.
- Draws & start times – Draws & individual start times will be posted online on Monday, July 31st.
Follow the Registration link for details and instructions.
Information about our Special Guest, Luke Jensen, and his clinics & exhibition; contests; concessions and more on-site activities!
For approximate reporting times please review the 2017 Robinson Schedule of Play.