59th Annual Francis J. Robinson Memorial International Tournament
The Francis J. Robinson Memorial International Tournament is named after a local tennis player, Lt. Francis J. Robinson, a young serviceman who died in a military flight training mission in July 1958. A group of Lt. Robinson’s friends started a small tennis tournament in his honor that same summer. The “Robinson” has grown into a local event that has drawn between 200-400 participants annually, ranging in divisions from 10 & under to 65 & over and is considered one of the longest running community tennis tournaments in the United States.
- Online Registration—New this summer! Follow the online registration link, create your account, register for your division(s), and pay online. Players will enjoy online access to report times, match results, and draws for each division!
- Singles on Wednesday, Doubles on Thursday, Mixed Doubles on Friday.
- First 50 junior rookie players enter the Robinson for FREE!
Please see separate entry form at front desk or click 2016 Robinson JUNIOR Rookie Entry – First 50 FREE.
- Players may partner with non-local players in doubles divisions, and non-local doubles players may also enter singles division.
- Balls will be provided for all matches.
- Daily Prizes – Player of the Day, Best Dressed Doubles teams.
- Draws & start times posted online on Tuesday, August 2nd.
This year we have 247 players in the main draws, totaling 494 singles, doubles and mixed doubles events entered! Plus an additional 53 kids are participating in 10 & Under Kid’s Play Day!
Use the links below for online tournament registration, events happening during the tournament, and to view draws/match start times, and award recipients. Information will be updated as necessary leading up to the tournament. Enjoy the Robinson!
Registration is $35 per player (whether entering one, two or three events). A late registration fee of $10 will be assessed after 5pm, Monday, July 25th. No entries or changes will be accepted after 5pm, Friday, July 29th.
- Follow this link to begin your Robinson registration at TopDogTennis.
- Select “Create TopDog Account” to complete the form and receive your email/password.
- If multiple members in a family are playing, each person will register separately (each player will have their own account). Family members may register with the same email address but each must have their own password.
- For “Rating” choose your NTRP rating or “Not Sure” if you do not have a rating.
- For “Home Club” type in Port Huron Tennis House.
- Select your T-shirt size then click “Submit” to create your account.
- Log in to your account via your TopDogTennis welcome email or by clicking here.
- Sign up for your division(s).
- If entering a doubles or mixed doubles event, “Find your partner” by their last name. If you do not find your partner (they have not yet registered), leave the “partner” field blank. When your partner registers they can find your name and establish your doubles partnership.
- Pay your entry fee online with a credit card. Please read Tournament Rules carefully for all details.
Play begins on Wednesday with Singles, followed by Thursday Doubles and Friday Mixed Doubles – be sure to review the Schedule of Play for your approximate reporting times. Individual starting times will be available on Tuesday, August 2nd. Thank you!
Get the details about special events & activities we’ll be hosting in addition to concessions and ceremony information. Specifics about Coach Steve’s Warm Up for the Robinson, One Point Tournament, the 10 & Under Play Day, and daily prizes winners will be posted here!
Individual start times will be posted Tuesday, August 2nd. Please visit TopDogTennis-Starting times to find your start time. NOTE: click on the “Draw” button next to your division to see the actual Draw. Semi Finals and Finals start times will be scheduled and posted as soon as available.
Open to view newspaper articles as they become available.
We would like to express sincere appreciation and gratitude to the sponsors for their support of this year’s Robinson. The tournament’s success is further achieved through generous support and helps provide our tennis community the benefit of special guests, events and activities. The Sponsor list will be continually updated as the tournament approaches – check back to see who has been added below! Thank you!
|Michigan Mutual, Inc.||Port Huron Tennis House||Oppenheimer & Co./Jim Charron & Ryan Charron||Lozen, Kovar & Lozen Law Firm|
|Smith Family Funeral Home||Mike & Connie Kleeves||Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron||Glenn & Jane Johnson|
|Nic & Trish Gogas||Chef’s Cut Real Jerky||Richard & Anna Kovar||Bridge Chiropractic|
|Dave & Wendy Pillon||Arthur & Susan Smith||Northwestern Mutual/Lew Evenson||Steve & Kristin Pillon|
If you would be interested in being a Robinson Tournament Sponsor, please contact Jim Charron at (810) 841-5733.